Thursday 14 June 2012

Our new home

A LO that i made last night during a scrapping session with a friend, and that i finished off this afternoon. It is very closely based on the LO made by Lisa Truesdell in this video. I used papers from my scraps folder....the rainbow stripes from Scenic Route, red chevron by MME, yellow dots and newsprint by EchoPark, grey paper behind the heart from a 6x6 pad from Studio Calico and the blue/green/yellow striped at the bottom of the page (i dont remember who that is by, but i got it as part of a page kit in holland several years ago). Also got carried away with my washi tape, to add even more colour! Various alpha stickers, red jillibeans, yellow/orange sandylion and blue thickers, and white number thickers. I have blurred out our street name below the number just for the purpose of putting it online. I added a flower from Prima.

You may be thinking that the little wooden houses (which i have painted in colours to match the rainbow paper) are from Studio Calico....but if you look closer, you would be wrong! I actually made them myself out of plywood, with a little help from my dad and his CRC machine (huge fancy gadget that is somewhat like a craft robo apart from it has a drill bit instead of a blade and can cut thick materials such as wood, and can also cut 3D shapes too). Expect to see more wooden embellishments in the future :-)



5 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Congratulations on the house :) Fab page and lovely little houses.

Emilie said...

Gorgeous layout! I love those coloured little houses!

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous and so colouful

fatmonica said...

It's a lovely layout.I love the quirky feel it has.

Emy said...

Loving the rainbow colours Amy xx