Tuesday 12 June 2012

Granny Val and Toby

I made this LO of my grandma (who passed away 8 months ago) and my youngest son, when he was only 9 days old (back in 2009). I followed some online instructions i found on this site here, and look foward to doing more of these as they are posted each week. It made the LO very quick to complete, which is just what i need to get a page finished in one evening when i am already feeling tired!

I used some old scraps of Basic Grey paper, as i wanted to use quite a patterned colourful main paper. I always liked this photo, but knew i would need a certain type of photo to be able to get away with so much pinks (not a colour i use much due to having 2 little sons). I decided that i felt ready to scrap this photo, which i hadnt wanted to previously since my grandma passed away.

The paper around the photo is also some scraps, i dont know who its by (you cant see it very well in the photo...but its pale pink with a white geometric pattern), but it was free paper from a very old scrapbooking magazine. I used a bazzil scalloped red edge, label stickers by Jenni Bowlin, alpha stickers by BG, Sassafrass and cosmo cricket, and some lovely washi tape with a cloud and hearts pattern. I finished the page off with some aqua&white bakers twine and some flower cabochons.

1 comment:

Niki Rowland said...

Hi Amy, this is gorgeous. I absolutely love the background paper, it's so bright and cheerful and the red scallops really make the layout pop. Thank you so much for joining in with the first installment of 52 Layouts Step-by-Step, I hope you will join in again! Niki x