Saturday 16 June 2012

Happy Boy

Here is another layout, this time taken on holiday last year. I love my little boy's smile in this photo! Such a happy boy even when it is raining. I made this for the 'Only scraps allowed' challenge on the being scrappy blog. For this this challenge, you were only allowed used 1 full sheet of paper or card, and everything else had to be made from scraps. I didnt find this too challenging, as i often end up doing this anyway. I find it much easier to cut up pieces from my scraps folder, than to cut into whole new pieces. I also took the opportunity to use up the large white piece of cardstock, which i had cut a stripe off for a previous LO (thus it was now a scrap piece), but as it was large it wasnt easily stored with my other scraps. The patterned paper scraps are from the Basic Grey Cupcake range. The bracket shaped piece had already been cut this shape (for a mini book - but i later realised i had cut one too many). I find a banners a great way to use up tiny little bits of scraps.

I file my scraps into 2 different places. Those that still have the full length (12 inches) i store all together in a see through folder. The smaller pieces of scrap are stored in a ring binder, in pockets. The cardstock scraps are at the front stored in colour order, the papers at the back stored by manufactors/range/colour as i think best.

No comments: