Friday 18 May 2012

Choo Choo

I love it when a page comes together all by itself without any pre-planning. I knew i wanted to use this sketch i stumbled across online. I looked through my folder that contains large off cuts of paper looking for a heavily large patterned piece to use in the top left corner of the square....i cam across this trains paper from basic grey, so used that along with a diamond paper from the same range. I then went through my photo box looking for a suitable train themed photo and soon came across this photo of my boys playing trains. I then realised that my lovely new washi tape would match the papers, so used some of this. I had cut some of the tickets from one of the EchoPark Note To Self range....and then realised that they were also a great fit as they looked just like train tickets! I added a title (i really wanted to use these sassafras stickers...but only had one 'h' so i stuck a 'l' under a 'n' and you really cant tell it isnt a proper 'h' at all!), hand wrote my journalling and also added some accents of bright red to bring the LO to life (yes more butterflies!) 

No comments: