Sunday 26 January 2014

Nap Time

This layout was created using a process video by Ashli Oliver which was posted over on Shimelles blog here. It totally pushed me out of my comfort zone of generally using clean straight lines with everything lined up neatly and cut exactly to the right size. It was really fun just to put tiny bits of scraps into piles without too much reasoning or care and let it almost create itself. I loved stapling everything together with my tiny attached rather than using my normal glue stick. And i was even feeling brave enough to put a photo frame right over my photo. I love how the black and white contrast against the more muted blues and oranges (i took these colours from the photo). I also enjoyed using my little phrase stamps to fill in some of the spaces. I used vellum, twine, some doily pieces and washi to give lots of texture. I look forward to giving this type of layout another go in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!!!! Love that you got out of your comfort zone and the end result is stunning! -Ashli :)

akilli melek said...

totally awesome page, i never managed to do much with my attempt lol, but you have nailed it!