Tuesday 3 July 2012

He aint heavy, hes my brother

Here is a layout that is a scraplift from a page in the latest scrap365 magazine (sorry i dont have the mag at hand at the moment). I am quite happy with the end result....again another blue/yellow/grey colour combo! I was really happy when i stumbled across my old MM alphabet rubons (you know the ones that came in little fat thin books secured by a metal pin in one corner)....i love the aqua colour, its so 'on trend' right now and they still rubbed on perfectly...i think i will be using them again very soon!

The photo is of my eldest son pushing my youngest in a swing at the local park. The journalling tells the story that the eldest is now too big for the toddler swings there so he decided to try to push his little brother instead, but found it very hard work!

I cut some doily shapes and pointed sun shape (this probably has a proper name - but my mind is blank!) and some stars on my craftrobo out of some 6x6 studio calico paper. The grey dot paper is by Echo Park (it is cut out at the back so i coud then make the banners with it). The paper strip at the top is October Afternoon. Most of the rest is from Echo Parks 'This & That' range...oh apart from the wooden photo frame thing....i coudnt find any wood grain paper i liked in my stash, so i made this using some wood effect washi tape.

No comments: