Saturday 14 July 2012

Enough already

When i first saw this tutorial by Shannon Tidwell over on TwoPeas as part of the Monday Memory Keepers video series, i went and bought the two diagonally striped papers especially to make this layout. This is something i have never done before...usually i just buy the papers and stash that i like, but with no real purpose of how i will use it.

I had a few sheets of Amy Tans Sketchbook collection, but i added the pink and green paper from my scraps folder. I don't own any tulle and so i then went about making the centre of the layout my own way. I love how the Amy Tan Die Cuts look (more die cuts in general will definitely be on my next shopping list!).

The photos are of my two boys, taken a few years ago, and the layout tells how it can be really hard to get a decent photo of them together.

I wont mention anything about how annoyed i was when i had finished the layout last night, went to put it in my display stand...and realised that i had stuck the yellow diagonal stripped paper in the wrong orientation (the stripes should have run in the opposite direction to the grey ones)....but i just cant see anyway of rescuing it now.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Super page - love all the colour and photos :) Her die cuts are yummy.

Emilie said...

That's a great page! Amazing colours!!!