Saturday 14 July 2012

Digging in the Sandpit

The third and final page i got completed at July's crop. This page is based on Got Sketch's sketch #112. I have been wanting to scrap this photo for ages, but its hard to find good ideas for a 2 photo layout where 1 is portrait and 1 is landscape. I have since learnt to pay attention to the orientation i am taking the photographs in and also when selecting them for printing (on a side note: i recently found out i can set my camera to take square photos...so i am gonna try this...as i think it will be more successful than trying to crop down photos to squares on the PC....and it should mimic the instagram photos that are all the rage at the moment).

I used a whole bunch of different papers that were in my scrap folder, mostly trying to work with the colours that are in the photos. Again the embellishment was kept simple, as i think the layout is already busy with all the different papers. I added some pompom trim to the top and bottom, a jewelled metal embellishment to the middle, and some wooden pendants that i coloured with my walnut stain distress ink.

No comments: