Wednesday 20 June 2012

Zoo Am I?

I made this layout for Shimelles latest 'Starting Point'. I have never actually attempted one of these before, usually prefering to follow her videos instead. But I find it quite enjoyable, and certainly very different. Once i had the basics down, i found i was much more 'left to my own imagination' to finish the page off....which i suppose is the whole point of them!

I used some papers from Echo Parks 'A Boys Life' collection, along with the alphas and a sticker too. I had quite a lot of journalling to do for this page, to tell my story, which isnt something i am used to, and in hind sight i would have placed it slightly further into the paper block as i dont like it sitting so far on the edge...but never mind, at least the memory is now preserved. I also used some Studio Calico 'Take Note' journal block (i guess thats what you would call them)....expect to see these in more LOs as there were 12 on the page i think - and i just ordered the whole collection...so thats 2 more sheets of the paper!

I felt the page was still lacking 'something' and had a look through my stash, but couldnt find anything to inspire me. So i had a little riffle through my 5 year olds stash, and came across the animal post-it notes that father christmas got him. I loved how the colours worked with the page! I added some washi tape (of course i did!) and some little wooden stars to finish it off.

No comments: