Monday 19 December 2011

Wonder of Christmas

I wanted to make a Christmas themed layout to go on my stand on our fireplace so it would match in with the rest of the decorations, so i thought it would be a good opportunity to use one of last years photo of my little one with some inflatable Christmas toys.

I got the inspiration of using lots of layers from the dutch scrapbooking magazine that Sinterklaas kindly gave me earlier this month. It was also a good chance to use up more of my BG Blitzen papers, which i have had about 6 years now and just seem to keep on going and going...maybe next year i can now treat myself to some different christmassy stash.

I heavily distressed the edges of each layer, added some fibres and trim twisted around each other, then layered up a fabric and paper tag for journalling. I put some Christmas word stickers along the edge of the photo as i felt the straight line was a little too harsh in comparison to all the distressed edges. Then added some lace, some holly i cut on my craftrobo embellished with gems and alpha stickers for the title.

No comments: