Tuesday 3 November 2015

Beautiful Shadow

Another page made with my Life For Ever kit, "Hello, beautiful". There was a nice discussion thread on the LFE subscribers group on Facebook when the selected papers were revealed, with many ideas given as to how the black and white framed paper could be used. It's the kind of paper I would definitely buy...and then sit staring at and then put it away as I wouldn't know quite what to do...so many options. My biggest quandary was whether to cut it apart of keep it as a whole....in the end that decision was dictated by the orientation of the photos I wanted to use....it had to be cut apart. Cutting it up also means I have some left over to use on other layouts too :)

I originally planned to use some birthday photos into the frames, but then last weekend my parents got to bring home their new puppy, and I took several cute photos of our first visit to meet Shadow, but the trouble was he just wouldn't keep still (apart from the sleeping photos!) So the photos were quite blurry, lending themselves to being printed in a smaller size. I then had the idea that it would be nice to make my parents a layout as a gift as it was also their ruby wedding anniversary. After that everything just fell into place, I love how the gold card as the background turned out....perfect for a golden retriever too!! I also love making these extra special layouts that go into a box frame as you don't need to worry about the thickness of embellishments (I like to keep my pages thin in my albums) and I feel justified to put LOTS of my very fav things on them too....I have a few more special layouts plan so watch this space as they say....

No comments: