Saturday 20 August 2011

Take a walk along the pier

These photos were taken back in the winter one saturday by my husband whilst i was at a crop. It was Tobys first time walking along the victorian pier in the town where we live. Actually, he hadnt long learnt how to walk. I decolourised the photos so that only my little one remained in colour. I love the perspective the photos have. I used some scraps of cosmo cricket on this LO as i thought the muted colours and the woodgrain type pattern fitted well. It is inspired from Shimelle Laines 'Love 6x4' class feb 2011 over on teh Two Peas website. Although i have mountains of scraps, papers and even alphas, i am running low on embellishments (apart from the usual flowers & buttons etc) so i tried to make my own by using punches to make negative bubble type shapes.
 I added some little gems on the page, and thought it would be a fun idea to place one in each of the piers lights. The LO is now on display in my living room (i have a stand that i use to hold my latest creation) and they really catch the light and twinkle!

1 comment:

Colour Splash by Cath said...

Amy I love what you've done with the gems in the pier lights - very clever & very effective :-)